From: Hamish Mackenzie (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-27 19:14:43

On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 23:27, David Abrahams wrote:
> > in particular, I didn't find new things that one can do with mpl but
> > can't do with Loki's typelists - although I could be wrong here.
>
> I never understood how to measure that, anyway: anything you can do with
> C++, you can do (theoretically) with assembler. The real difference is in
> expressiveness.

And anything you can do with assembler you can do with NAND gates.

I haven't looked that closely at mpl but I have used boost::tuple and I
was frustrated by the fact that its internal recusive layer was hidden
away.

So I can do the the NAND !( a && b ) but getting at tuple::cons is a
little harder.

C++ doesn't hide paradigms it assimilates them :-)

Hamish