From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-28 01:07:05

Thanks for the post Andrei, interesting reading.

One of my main concerns associated with template meta-programming is compile
times. I don't want some small component I write using type lists to become
a major drag on compile times for my users. With this in mind I'd like to
see some real numbers comparing Loki type lists and MPL type lists.

Perhaps and even bigger concern is fragility. I want to be able to rely on
the boost type list without having to worry about whether it will evoke some
obscure compile bug. In this regard, something must be said for simplicity.

As for iterators vs. recursion, I'm comfortable with both, so I don't see
any advantages/disadvantages for either in terms of usability.

Cheers,
Jeremy

On 11/27/01 5:28 PM, "Andrei Alexandrescu" <andrewalex_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> This is going to be a very long post, and if you are interested in the
> subject I'd appreciate if you read it through. I will try to keep is as
> short and as clear as possible.

Jeremy Siek                          http://www.osl.iu.edu/~jsiek
Ph.D. Student, Indiana Univ. B'ton   email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)   office phone: (812) 855-3608