From: boost (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-28 18:26:45

Dear all,

I've started to take a closer look at the ublas library.
First of all, I'm quite impressed by sources, which are
very readable. However, I'm currently only at the lowest
level of understanding ublas.

I have the the following questions / comments concerning
the hermitean matrices:

-> Is it correct, that the diagonal elements are of the
  same type as the off-diagonal elements, or have I missed
  missed something?
  I'd prefer the diagonal elements of a complex hermitean
  matrix to be real. Or at least to have a function
  returning the diagonal elements as real values.

-> In the same spirit one should not be allowed to
  multiply a complex hermitean matrix with a non-real
  scalar, or at least this shouldn't return a hermitean matrix.

-> Shouldn't hermitean matrices be square matrices ?

-> Suppose I want to implement a banded hermitean matrix.
   What do I need besides corresponding functors ?

Best wishes,
Peter