From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-29 09:43:00

From: "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_[hidden]>

[int2type, type2type]

> > Yes: they are aliases, not identities; we have strong typing, after all.
>
> They're only aliases if you look at them as types. I'm looking at them as
> metafunctions. They are identity metafunctions which return the same
> type/value which has been passed to them.

No. They generate an unique type based on their argument. Their functional
aspect is rarely, if ever, used and is probably there just for completeness'
sake.

Had type2type been a function, the nested typedef would be the conventional
'type.' As it is, there is never a need to use it.

Please, there is nothing broken with these two. Why attempt to "fix" them?
There are much more important issues to settle.

--
Peter Dimov
Multi Media Ltd.