From: pete.goodliffe_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-11-29 17:43:57

--- In boost_at_y..., "David A. Greene" <greened_at_e...> wrote:
> Well, I'd think we'd want some sort of panic/assert message
support,
> and if we have that, why not include a line-number option for
> all logging? Maybe it's not always needed, but are there serious
> downsides to including it? Yes, the preprocessor, but is there
> anything _else_? :)

I mentioned dbg before, but I've just updated the library to 1.06.
It might address a lot of what you're talking about here - I'd
welcome your opinions on it. A number of people have suggested it is
put forward for contribution to Boost. Have a look at the homepage:
<http://cthree.org/dbg>.

It contains some interesting constraint and logging features. I
have written a few papers on it, one is about to be published in
Overload (see <http://www.accu.org>). I have put this up on the
website; maybe it will be a useful contribution to this discussion.

See <http://cthree.org/dbg/accu-overload-dbg.pdf>.

Cheers,

Pete

--
Pete Goodliffe, Senior Software Engineer
Pace Micro Technology plc                     Tel: +44 (0) 1223