From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-29 19:02:01

From: "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]>
> Last I knew the only site for MC++D is the download page on the awl site.
This
> lacks mailing lists, support, historic context, CVS, etc. Boost adds much
for
> the user community here.
>
> > Boost users benefit from libraries being hosted at in part because of
the
> > discussion and scrutiny that they receive when proposed/submitted.
>
> In part. Online documentation, portability, standards compliance, etc.
There
> are many reasons.

First and foremost, I thought of adding Loki to boost to avoid factionalism
and an unwanted duplication of effort. To me it's quite obvious that merging
Loki and boost would benefit both libraries' users.

As of improved administration - my thoughts exactly. That's what I believe
will benefit Loki a lot. I do my best to support Loki but obviously I cannot
do what a larger community can.

(By the way, I recently put together a little website at
www.moderncppdesign.com (not much Loki-related content yet) and added Loki
to sourceforge, codename loki-lib.)

Andrei