From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-02 10:57:43

OK, now I think I do have an idea what's going on. There are several
problems here:

1. MAXLINE for Win95/98 appears to be about 1011
2. The Jam hacks to support Win95/98 handle built-in commands like "DEL"
specially, such that the invocation "IF EXIST xxxx DEL xxx" won't work. I
changed boost-base.jam to work around this problem, but it would be great if
someone could come up with a better solution.

Please update in tools/build and tools/build/jam_src, rebuild Jam, and try
again.

Thanks for your patience,
Dave