From: helmut.zeisel_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-12-04 01:27:35

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:

> Instead of removing the workaround for gcc-3.0.0, I fixed the
> spelling
> error, though: I'm sure some people will try to use the library
> with that
> compiler, and I don't want them to have to choose between upgrading
> their
> compiler and not being able to use the operators library.

FYI: When I discovered the spelling error
I realized that I am no longer able
to test whether the workaround still works or not
since I already switched to gcc-3.0.2.
Thus I decided to remove it completely
instead of offering a false sense of security.

AFAIK, there are not many people using gcc-3.0.0:
the major distributions (Red Hat, SuSE, Debian, Cygwin)
still use some 2.9x version as official compiler;
and the people who really want to use
the gcc-3.0 features (as I do)
have to download gcc themselves and
will IMHO have no problem to switch to a newer version,
so I see no reason to maintain the
gcc-minor-version-specific workaround any longer.

Anyway,
if you feel that the bug fix is needed, keep it;
and if you feel at some point in the future
that it is not needed any longer,
I will have no problem if you remove it.

Helmut