From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-07 07:43:15

>Any other suggestions

Gavin,

My apologies, after testsing some more, I can reproduce your problem - it
turns out to be related to changes in some of STLports macros when moving
from 4.0 to 4.5. Please find attached an updated makefile, and one patched
header (these are in the cvs as well).

>At one point, I did try specifying which versions of the STLPort & regex
>libs to link against. I know I specified the correct debug versions for
>both STLPort & regex at that time. However, as I couldn't find (at the
>time) where to turn off regex automatically picking the library for me, I
>ended up with some 90-odd linker error messages about duplicate objects
etc.
>But at the end of all the messages, it still gave me the exact same linker
>messages about unresolved externals.

Just define BOOST_REGEX_NO_LIB (this should be in the installation part of
the docs BTW), then you can link to your own build of the lib, or add the
source directly to the project.

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/