From: bill_kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-11 15:19:51

--- In boost_at_y..., "Andrei Alexandrescu" <andrewalex_at_h...> wrote:
> http://sources.redhat.com/pthreads-win32/
>
> Maybe this could help make the Boost.Threads implementation more
compact?
> The Win32 version and the Posix version could now be collapsed
together if
> we use the pthreads port.

I use pthreads-win32 to implement the POSIX portion of the
Boost.Threads implementation since I don't have access to any
platform other than Win32, so I'm aware of it. However, I think it's
not really a good idea to use this as the implementation on Win32.
The extra layers can only cause performance concerns. Not to mention
this would add a dependency to an external library outside of both
Boost and the Win32 platform SDK. This is counter to the
requirements of Boost libraries.

Bill Kempf