From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-11 16:12:22

> I'd be glad to enhance typelists. What I want to stay away from are
> gratuitous changes. "You know, what used to be 'length' is now 'size'. I
> don't know exactly why."
> <<
> Ok it looked to me like Mark Rodgers gave the reasons... do you have a
> counter reason?

They make sense. The nits are that typelists are not STL containers and that
I'll have to address existing users. But, I feel compelled to make the
changes Mark suggested.

> That's fine. But that doesn't mean I'm going to discourage development of
> mpl. Some ideas are worth exploring just for their own sake. Sometimes
> something else falls out of that exploration that is so worth having that
> the complexity is second nature. Other times, some very smart person sees
> the core idea, has a better implementation/or idea and that's what gets
> used. But in order to walk, its ok to crawl. The example I like is that
in
> order to see that a Lambda library and binders were necessary we had to
> stumble around with mem_fun and their ilk. Feynman diagrams are another
cool
> example of smart people seeing the simple in the complex.

That's preaching to the choir, Gary. It happened many times to me, too.
Besides, far from me to discourage mpl development.

Andrei