From: srengarajan (srengarajan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-15 00:11:09

Hi,
  I am new to Boost and I need some help building Boost. I downloaded
the latest version (1_26_0) of Boost and try to build following the
instructions provided in the doc. (tools/build/index.html). I used jam
(version 2.3.2, built from the source) to build the Boost libraries. I
use RedHat 7.0 and my gcc is 2.96 (20000731). When I used the
following command to build the Boost libraries

jam -ftools/build/allyourbase.jam -sTOOLS=gcc

I got the following message.

tools/build/allyourbase.jam: line 1611: syntax error at keyword (
don't know how to make all
...found 1 target...
...can't find 1 target...

When I tried the same command with the older version of 1_25_1 I got a
similar message except the line # was different( it was 1608).

Of course, I tried setting the BOOST_ROOT environment variable to the
directory where I unzipped and untarred the boost source files. It
resulted in the same message.

Any idea what I have missed to make the build process go right?

Thanks in advance,
Seshadri Rengarajan