From: Sofus Mortensen (list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-17 09:16:16

> It's more than very close. ;-) FWIW I haven't looked at
> Comet, but I don't mind acknowledging the Comet
> implementation as the primary source if it comes to that
> (although this pattern is probably rediscovered every three
> months.)

I would of course be honored - but I think your assumption about this
pattern being reguarly rediscovered is true.

When I found this a little over a year ago, I thought I was the first
ever to see the connection between functional languages and C++ compile
time programming. :-)

> I don't know what is the meaning of 'nil' in Comet, but
>
> (list nil nil nil) is (nil nil nil), not just nil.

I regrettably used nil to mean both 'nil' and 'missing'.

Best regards,

Sofus Mortensen

Comet - Grunge free COM programming in C++
http://www.lambdasoft.dk/comet