From: dmoore99atwork (dmoore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-18 15:32:24

I have two questions regarding the Jam-based build system. I'm using
MSVC 6.0Sp5, with STLport.

I build the libraries successfully by running:
"jam -sBOOST_ROOT=. -sTOOLS="msvc-stlport"
from my BOOST_ROOT directory.

1. Is there the equivalent of "make install" which would gather all
of the .lib and .dll files from the deeply nested directories and
deliver them somewhere like BOOST_ROOT\lib? For example, my RegEx
binary is in boost\libs\thread\build\bin\libboost_regex.lib\msvc-
stlport\release\runtime-link-dynamic\stlport-iostream-off\stlport-
version-4.0\libboost_regex.lib

2. Same question, but for "make clean"

I searched the main Jam documentation, and while it talks about rules
for "InstallBin", "InstallLib", etc., I can't figure out if these
apply for Boost jamfiles.

Thanks,
Dave