From: George A. Heintzelman (georgeh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-18 16:13:49

The reason for the asserts firing is that the Sun CC Compiler is
setting up the typedefs for value_type, pointer, reference, and
iterator_category incorrectly. So any functionality which depends on
those typedefs may not work right. #ifdefing will let you compile other
things which don't depend on those typedefs, but won't solve the
fundamental problem.

George Heintzelman
georgeh_at_[hidden]