From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-18 21:10:17

> I've got a lot of free time on my hands,

That's good, you're going to need it ;-)

> > Comments, questions, or suggestions?

It would be really nice if someone takes a look at sockets since this is a basic
area missing from boost currently. As something basic, you need to be mentally
prepared for a large number of suggestions and comments.

As a first task I recommend you read some of the archives. There have been
extensive discussions of the both requirements and design for the socket
library. Here are a few more memorable threads (search on yahoo groups socket
for the full list)

This will provide you with some of the background behind the requirements and
features specs already developed: