From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-18 21:50:21

I still feel strongly that the C++ type system should be used to prevent
typical errors when using a socket library. The process that one has to
follow with the C/POSIX API can be encoded in classes and objects, thereby
ruling out lots of mistakes. The ACE framework does this to a certain
extent, and I'd like to see this carried even further. The following message
contains a prototype of this kind of interface.

Cheers,
Jeremy