From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-19 06:57:48

>Just a couple of things regarding non-type template parameters and Borland
>C++ 5.5.1
>
>As it does a very poor job handling that, I suggest:
>
>Provide: ct_if<BoolAsType,F,T> and use THIS as much as possible.

Just a note, but but when I was working on the last type traits update, I
spent a lot of time trying to program the classes using types rather than
values for that very reason, however I could never really get it to work
(which is not to say that I didn't miss something). That's why I reverted
to values (which IMO are conceptually the right thing to be using anyway),
and wrote a set of guidelines for using them:
http://www.boost.org/more/int_const_guidelines.htm. Most of the time, you
can program with values and non-type template parameters with Borland C++
provided you always use ::fully::qualified::names.

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/