From: tommysvensson (tommysvensson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-19 07:07:20

I've been involved in networked application programming for quite a
while and as many other of you, I have written and used my own socket
class library. My library was more or less just a wrapper class and a
couple of helper classes similar to the socket-lib submitted by Rob
Tougher.

I never really liked it. Please do not ask me why ;-) To me this is
the wrong way of doing it. I've used the ACE framework in the last
couple of projects and it sure eases the burden to develop safe,
robust and portable network programs.

So, I completely agree with Jeremy!
It would be really cool to see the concepts of ACE brought into the
Boost Sockets and maybe "carried even further". Would that be ACE on
steroids? ;-)

Btw. The first book on ACE was published by Addison-Wesley this very
week! C++ Network Programming, Volume 1:
Also, check out the POSA2 book (networked app. patterns realized with
ACE): http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0471606952

/Tommy