From: Steve M. Robbins (steven.robbins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-06 02:22:40

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 10:08:04AM -0500, David Abrahams wrote:

> The problem is that we have not yet got around to integrating the regression
> testing table generation with Boost.Build. Instead, the regression tests are
> run by a separate program written by Jens Maurer:
> http://www.boost.org/more/regression.html

Ah, thanks. I saw that page, but then I found a Jamfile in the
status directory and jumped to the conclusion that the web page
preceeded introduction of jam files. Silly me.

I have now built and run the regression tests.

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 08:59:43PM +0100, Jens Maurer wrote:
> "Steve M. Robbins" wrote:
> > I had a look at the test results for linux
> > (http://www.boost.org/status/cs-linux.html) but did not see my
> > compiler (GCC 2.95.4 without stlport) listed.
>
> I've never heard of gcc 2.95.4. The latest available
> at ftp.gnu.org mirrors appears to be 2.95.3.

Right. What I'm using is actually from the 2.95 CVS tree,
which is why "gcc --version" reports 2.95.4. I'm using the
compiler from the Debian "unstable" distribution.

Sadly, this compiler fails three tests more than what you
report for 2.95.3 on the boost pages. Thus, it looks like
I will need to build a new STLport library and see if all
the tests pass (as they do for gcc 2.95.3 + STLport).

Cheers,
-Steve

--
by Rocket to the Moon,