From: rogeeff (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-07 01:52:13

--- In boost_at_y..., Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_a...> wrote:

[...]

> No, a validator does not need to recognize each and every policy.
>
> Validators are like other generic components. Their requirements
include
> inherited enums like is_array and disallow_array.
>
> So the validator does something like:
>
> BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT( !disallow_array || !is_array )
>
> Furthermore, if the validator is itself a policy, then a do-nothing
version
> can always be supplied.
>
> For smart pointers there is probably a limited number of
configuration
> validity issues, so a policy class would probably be overkill. The
> framework class itself can handle it; isn't that already done by
Loki
> SmartPtr once or twice?

I an not exactly understand value of the validator as a policy. If
seems odd that I need to provide a validator to validate that other
policies I provide will cowork propery. And if I changed behaviour -
do I need to change the validator? I would assume that it is
responcability of the framework to check that the policies I supply
fits to each other. That may include requirenments that policies
should have some specific traits defined ( like 'disallow_array' )

Gennadiy.