From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-07 14:16:59

At 01:52 AM 1/7/2002, rogeeff wrote:

>I an not exactly understand value of the validator as a policy. If
>seems odd that I need to provide a validator to validate that other
>policies I provide will cowork propery. And if I changed behaviour -
>do I need to change the validator? I would assume that it is
>responcability of the framework to check that the policies I supply
>fits to each other. That may include requirenments that policies
>should have some specific traits defined ( like 'disallow_array' )

Your last sentence is the key; the requirements specify the enums which
must be supplied.

Then the default validator (or only, if validation is built into the
framework rather than being a policy) is specified to treat certain
combinations as errors. Of course one of the enums could be
"turn_off_validation".

--Beman