From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-10 15:39:50

Ah, the attachment bug again!

Here's the message:
-------
After lots of work, I managed to get MSVC to ICE on my little graph example
:-(

(enclosed; check out boost/mpl on the mpl-development branch to compile it).

My impression (this is the 2nd time I've used it) is that BGL is a tour de force of generic programming, but it needs work to make it a practical tool. I don't say this just because of the MSVC problem, but because of all the problems I have had getting to this point, especially missing documentation and the inability to take advantage of obvious optimizations.

That said, I want to give it one more shot. I just realized that I can't represent my problem with an in-memory graph: what I really need is an A* search of a state space. I've never tried to apply BGL to that sort of problem. Are there any examples around?

Thanks,
Dave

  David Abrahams, C++ library designer for hire
 resume: http://users.rcn.com/abrahams/resume.html

        C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)
          email: david.abrahams_at_[hidden]