From: Lie-Quan Lee (llee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-10 16:47:00

On Thu, 2002-01-10 at 15:39, David Abrahams wrote:
> Ah, the attachment bug again!
>
> Here's the message:
> -------
> After lots of work, I managed to get MSVC to ICE on my little graph example
> :-(

If this is not MSVC problem, what is it? :-)

With MSVC6 in mind, you cannot use the version of breath_first_visit
with named function parameters (for God-know-only reasons). So change
the call to breadth_first_visit in your code to the following:
     boost::queue<vertex> q;
    breadth_first_visit(
                        g, &*vertices().find(source), q,
                        bfs_visitor<null_visitor>(), color
                        );

BTW, in line 256, I believe this pointer cannot be used int friend
function. Fix that and give a shot. It should be fine to compile with
MSVC.

> (enclosed; check out boost/mpl on the mpl-development branch to compile it).

> My impression (this is the 2nd time I've used it) is that BGL is a tour de force of generic programming, but it needs work to make it a practical tool. I don't say this just because of the MSVC problem, but because of all the problems I have had getting to this point, especially missing documentation and the inability to take advantage of obvious optimizations.
>
> That said, I want to give it one more shot. I just realized that I can't represent my problem with an in-memory graph: what I really need is an A* search of a state space. I've never tried to apply BGL to that sort of problem. Are there any examples around?

I did not see any example yet. If you have out-of-memory graph
conforming to what BGL algorithms requre, I will expect BGL algorithms
can be applied on to that graph.