From: Steve M. Robbins (steven.robbins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-14 19:39:59

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 07:21:50PM +0300, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> > Is there any BOOST policy on library versioning and SONAMES? I'm
> > building packages for Debian. The last packages that were built for
> > Debian were based on BOOST 1.21.....
>
> Do you mean you'll be making Debian packages of boost, making them a part of
> the Debian distribution?

Yup. As I noted, the packages already exist but they haven't been updated
for quite some time. I am trying to get new packages out.

> I this case, Boost.Build packages would make a good companion.

I don't know what is meant by "Boost.Build".

If you mean "jam", then note that there are already debian
packages for Perforce's jam (package "jam") and an enhanced
version maintained by the FreeType project (package "ftjam").

-S

--
by Rocket to the Moon,
by Airplane to the Rocket,