From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-14 20:51:30

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve M. Robbins" <steven.robbins_at_[hidden]>

> I don't know what is meant by "Boost.Build".

Boost.Build is a package of Jam files and a special Boost.Jam executable
with which we're putting together a flexible build/test/install system. Read
about it at: www.boost.org/tools/build/build_system.htm

> If you mean "jam", then note that there are already debian
> packages for Perforce's jam (package "jam") and an enhanced
> version maintained by the FreeType project (package "ftjam").

Ours contains major enhancements not in either of those, and in particular
many, many bugfixes for the ftjam code. Read about the enhancements (but not
the bugfixes) at www.boost.org/tools/build/build_system.htm#core_extensions