From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-15 13:17:50

Here I go, sticking my foot in my mouth... Maybe you can come up with a
simple counterexample for me?

I can't make this algorithm break (in my head).

Further, by "the optimization" I assume you mean the line labelled "//
optimization", yes? I don't see how that breaks anything, but even if we
leave that out, I think all of the advantages remain.