From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-15 16:24:13

I'm trying to refine the Win32 regression test so it can run automatically
on a (more or less) daily basis.

One of the problems with doing this is that some test programs crash,
popping up a error dialog which I have to manually clear. "Click OK to
terminate the Program" or similar.

The tests failing in this manner are:

   libs/config/test/limits_test.cpp with Borland
   libs/config/test/limits_test.cpp with Comeau
   libs/bind/bind_test.cpp with Comeau
   libs/utility/iterator_adaptor_test.cpp with Microsoft VC++ / STLport
   libs/utility/operators_test.cpp with Comeau

If anyone can (1) workaround the compiler problem, or (2) figure out how to
trap the error without popping up a dialog box, or (3) just issue an #error
or similar for the compiler version so the runtime is never tested, I'd
appreciate it. Otherwise we won't be able to include these tests in an
automated daily regression test.

Thanks,

--Beman

PS: Fresh version of the Win32 tests are up at
http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/win32.zip

Also see http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-win32-diff.html