From: Brey, Edward D (EdwardDBrey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-15 16:30:12

        [Beman]
        I'm trying to refine the Win32 regression test so it can run
automatically
        on a (more or less) daily basis.

        One of the problems with doing this is that some test programs
crash,
        popping up a error dialog which I have to manually clear. "Click OK
        terminate the Program" or similar.

[Ed]
The first thing that comes to mind is a catch(...) in the test tools
library. This would solve the problem for VC, due to its merging of
structured and C++ exception handling. I'm not sure about the other Win32
compilers. I don't remember the rationale for not including a catch all in
the test library. Is there a good reason not to?