From: bill_kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-16 16:04:48

--- In boost_at_y..., Bill Seymour <bill-at-the-office_at_p...> wrote:
> Chico: Hey, Doc; it hurts when I go like this.
>
> Groucho: Don't go like that.
>
> I wouldn't want to see Boost impose a fix on the user.
> The best choice is for the MSVC user to not write code
> that depends on MSVC's quirks (or absence of quirks).
>
> (We're talking about Boost users here. They are
> probably not among those MSVC users who write BOOL
> instead of bool, or CString instead of string.)

The problem is that non-MSVC users can write code that won't compile
on MSVC.

for (int i=0; i < 10; ++i)
{
}
for (int i=0; i < 20; ++i)
{
}

However, I don't like the fix and would hate to see it forced on me
by Boost. I think it's better to just avoid this, and fix any bugs
when they are discovered.

Bill Kempf