From: joel de guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-17 16:23:50

----- Original Message -----
From: "rogeeff"

> I am not sure that it is reasonable to compare generic parser
> implementation with Spirit one, since first one would not affect user
> code, while second one does. Custom parsing rules that introduced by
> user are not part of the generic framework and as I assume will be
> considerably rarely used, while Spirit overhead will be present
> always. Depending what I prefer I could choose more safe, small,
> quick or powerful solution and use approptiate tools to implement it.

Hide it! It can be hidden. You've seen how I wraped the complex number
parser inside a function that accepts char const* didn't you? You've
seen that the client code didn't use any Spirit code at all didn't you?
You want to add new rules? A Spirit rule can be hidden, just use a forward
declaration and a pointer or reference. Make the implementation a pimpl.

--Joel