From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-18 11:08:17

At 09:33 AM 1/18/2002, David Abrahams wrote:

> [...]

Dave,

While I can understand you not wanting to invest the effort of writing a
book on exceptions, please consider some other way of transferring your
knowledge to others.

For example, developing your paper
http://www.boost.org/more/error_handling.html into an exception handling
FAQ.

The FAQ format seems well suited to organic growth. ("Organic" is a
euphemism for unorganized growth:-) You just add to the document as issues
arise. Your answer above gets added under something like "Is catch(...)
without a rethrow ever appropriate?"

Over time, the document grows into something really worthwhile. Far more
valuable that just the sum of the value of its parts.

--Beman