From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-18 11:50:58

----- Original Message -----
From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>; <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 11:08 AM
Subject: Re: [boost] Re: first sight

> At 09:33 AM 1/18/2002, David Abrahams wrote:

I've already started collecting all posts I make/have made regarding EH.
That would be a good basis for anything.

> For example, developing your paper
> http://www.boost.org/more/error_handling.html into an exception handling
> FAQ.
>
> The FAQ format seems well suited to organic growth. ("Organic" is a
> euphemism for unorganized growth:-) You just add to the document as
issues
> arise. Your answer above gets added under something like "Is catch(...)
> without a rethrow ever appropriate?"
>
> Over time, the document grows into something really worthwhile. Far more
> valuable that just the sum of the value of its parts.

You're right; I'll do something about it... as soon as I dig myself out of
the schedule hole I'm in.

-Dave

P.S. Please respond to my recent message to boost-owner. This should get
addressed soon.