From: David A. Greene (greened_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-18 17:31:27

Douglas Gregor wrote:

> I'm suggesting that for this extensibility, the CLA class allow the user to
> give it a function object that is responsible for parsing part of the command
> line. The function object would then be a Parser that can parser some or all
> of the remaining command line, and tell the CLA class what it did. This way,
> the CLA class is extensible by any option syntax the user can come up with,
> as long as they can write a parser to handle it.

Gotcha. The design I was considering allows direct modification of
the (sole) CLA parser. I don't have a good feel for the right answer
here. I'm going to try to do some experiments realtively soon, but
don't hold your breath. :)

                             -Dave

--
"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
  and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson