From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-20 06:58:54

From: "bill_kempf" <williamkempf_at_[hidden]>
> I've uploaded the draft document for the next generation of
> boost::thread for discussion.

One thing that immediately jumps at me is:

Requires: category() != foreign and there has been no previous calls to
either join() or detach() on any thread objects representing the same thread
of execution as *this.

but I (the user) have no means to detect whether the requirements are met.

It's usually better to make preconditions assert'able in user code;
sometimes this cannot be done, of course, and if this is the case here, this
might deserve mention in the documentation.

Another thing that I find somewhat unclear is what is a default constructed
thread's category.

--
Peter Dimov
Multi Media Ltd.