From: Keith Burton (kb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-21 03:23:51

I vote not to accept in it's current form.

To amplify :

I would like to have voted for acceptance as it almost fulfils a real need
but

- The choice of formats is excessive, simple positional and Open Group
printf is sufficient to cover most needs. One can always revert to streams
when they are not.
If the %p.... formats really are needed then ( the documentation of ?) the
management of the choices needs significant improvement.

- the code from format.zip 2002/1/20 does not compile with MSVC6SP5.

- there are other issues which need fixing but would not prevent acceptance
    e.g. the documentation at 2002/1/20 has a mixture of [] and % for
parameters

Also why is str() a member function and a free function ?

Keith Burton