From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-21 08:14:39

Hi Samuel,

My preferred approach is that generalized utilities go directly in boost and
domain-specific libraries go in a sub-namespace. Like tuples, I think format
straddles the line: some commonly-used types and functions should probably
be placed directly in boost, while seldom-used helper objects maybe ought to
be placed in a sub-namespace. We had extensive discussions about how to do
this for tuples; the relevant threads are those beginning with the following
messages:

Regards,
Dave