From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-21 16:46:59

At 11:40 AM 1/21/2002, David Abrahams wrote:

> [...]

No, certainly not.

> People could unsubscribe from this service if
>they were overwhelmed.

Sure.

>I would want the ability to associate multiple email addresses.

Yes.

Hum. The whole thing might not be all that difficult to put
together. I've already got a script that mashes all the lines of an HTML
table into a single line, so failures can be pulled out by grep. I've also
go a script that distinguishes new failures from pre-existing failures.

If the grep result were sorted on test name, then it would be easy to
associate with a similarly sorted file that associates the test name with a
string of email addresses. (That file can live in CVS, so developers can
add or remove themselves without bother.)

Then all that is left is to send an email message. Let's see... Python
smtplib can handle that. I think we're home free.

Maybe I'll try to hack something together.

--Beman