From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-21 11:40:41

----- Original Message -----
From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>

> As a further refinement, we might associate an email address (or
addresses)
> with each regression test row, and email a notification if (1) the test
> newly begins failing, (2) the test fails, period. Presumably option (1)
> would be run before a release, while option (2) would be run less
> often. The point being to notify, without flooding developers with email
> they would soon hate.

I would like that very much. Having your email address in the system would
not be compulsory would it? People could unsubscribe from this service if
they were overwhelmed.

I would want the ability to associate multiple email addresses.

BTW, hasn't OSL offered us CPU cycles on a variety of machines for nightly
regression testing? It would be ideal if producing regression results did
not require the attention of individuals.

-Dave