From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-23 21:53:53

One fairly common way to handle this sort of this is to have a list of
tests that are expected to fail. This list is subtracted from the list of
normal (real) failures for most display/report purposes. Developers and
maintainers can add and remove tests from the expected fail list. I guess
this is similar to option 3), but a bit simplified because the list of
expected failures is created by hand instead of deduced from the config
system or otherwise.