From: rogeeff (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-23 22:50:44

I was not clear enough in previos message. You can specify a number
of assertions that could fail inside any test case. Your point is
still valid but it should be rather rare case. Any other more
sophisticated method would affect usability. For example,

void foo()
{
    BOOST_CHECK(...);
    BOOST_CHECK_EQUAL( ... );
    BOOST_CHECK_CLOSE( ..., 1e-5 );
}

Sunce floating-point arithmentic working differently on different
platforms, you may expect that last assertion may fail on some of
them. So when adding new test case you would write:

ts->add( BOOST_TEST_CASE( &foo,
#if defined(__SUNPRO_CC)
1
#else
0
#endif
) );

Gennadiy.

--- In boost_at_y..., Jeremy Siek <jsiek_at_c...> wrote:

> Actually, just having the expected number is not very accurate...
what if