From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (alexy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-25 09:38:36

Peter Dimov wrote:
> > Well, yes, but I was thinking about relaxing (and documenting)
> > 'boost::bind' requirements/guarantees as well :). Changing
> > 'reference_wrapper<>' alone won't make my filter iterator
> > example work, - we need also to get rid of all those private
> > copy assignment operators in "bind.hpp" header :).
>
> Do we? ;-)

I thought you were convinced :). But, speaking seriously, are you still
uncomfortable with such change? Why? For one, it will expand the
applicability of your library (read: user base :). IMO, the expressive power
of adaptable sequences/iterators in conjunction with bind/lamdba library is
amazing, and we would hate to write those predicates by hand (or, which is
worse, to make the change locally). Wasn't that the purpose of the 'bind'
library - to help user to straighten up her code, to avoid, where it's
possible, writing these small, unnecessary, and clumsy local function
objects? ;)

Aleksey