From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-25 08:26:48

David Abrahams wrote:

> A minor update to the Boost.Jam sources removes dependence on the
> non-portable alloca() function by using byacc instead of bison. This should
> help people who need to build on platforms where pre-built Boost.Jam
> executables are not already available.
>
> Vladimir, Toon, and any others who have been building Jam for release: it
> would probably be a good idea if you'd make sure that you can build these
> sources on your platforms, just to be safe.

prebuilt execs are updated for Aix, irix and solaris and tru64(thanks to
David). You can download them via the Boost.Build documentation !

On HP, boost.build compiled succesfully but it still gives the parse
error when running jam although I defined the env.vars YACC and YYACC to
be empty ?

BTW, David, I committed some obvious changes to the jam_src directory.
First of all, I added the -Ae CFLAGS and CCFLAGS for HP-UX in jambase.c
and Jambase. I also changed the C++-style comment in parse.h to a
C-style comment and added some newline characters after the #endif
directive for 7 files. Hope that's OK.