From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-25 10:01:58

----- Original Message -----
From: "Toon Knapen" <toon.knapen_at_[hidden]>

> On HP, boost.build compiled succesfully but it still gives the parse
> error when running jam although I defined the env.vars YACC and YYACC to
> be empty ?

Are you absolutely sure you did this with a clean copy of the source on your
disk (i.e. not a jamgramtab.[ch] which had been generated by a prior build
for a different platform)?

The yacc stack overflow is caused by the use of left-recursion in the
grammar. Rene Rivera has volunteered to work on integrating the Perforce Jam
update, which uses right-recursion into the Boost.Jam sources. If you'd like
to help, see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jamboost/message/213

> BTW, David, I committed some obvious changes to the jam_src directory.
> First of all, I added the -Ae CFLAGS and CCFLAGS for HP-UX in jambase.c
> and Jambase. I also changed the C++-style comment in parse.h to a
> C-style comment and added some newline characters after the #endif
> directive for 7 files. Hope that's OK.

Perfectly fine. Maybe some of that's why I couldn't build on AIX.

Regards,
Dave