From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-29 08:21:40

On Tuesday 29 January 2002 07:07 am, you wrote:
> >It really isn't a problem with Regex's config, but a problem with FreeBSD
> >3.4: the libraries have no wide character support. Regex handles this
> >properly by not building any of the wide character support, but a testcase
> >
> >such as wregress will always fail on the platform through no fault of
>
> regex.
>
> >wide_posix_api_check (both C and C++ versions) will also fail consitently
>
> on
>
> >FreeBSD 3.4.
>
> OK, yes I guess I should change the wide character regex test programs to
> do nothing in that case, especially now that the config has it's own test
> cases....

I still don't know what the best option is :(. We could also give Jam some
more brains, and in the Jamfiles have tests that check if we are on a
platform without any wide character support. If so, just don't add the
testcase. I'm doing something like this already for testcases that require
other libraries, e.g.,

if $(LEDA) {
  dart-compile-test leda_graph_cc
                  : leda_graph_cc.cpp
                  : <include>$(BOOST_ROOT) :
                    <include>$(LEDA)/incl <library-file>$(LEDA)/libG.a debug
                  ;
}

In any case, if you do something to make it work, tell me so I can re-enable
the testcase for that platform.

        Doug