From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-29 14:09:01

At 08:21 AM 1/29/2002, Douglas Gregor wrote:

>I still don't know what the best option is :(. We could also give Jam
some
>more brains, and in the Jamfiles have tests that check if we are on a
>platform without any wide character support. If so, just don't add the
>testcase.

I came in on the end of this discussion, so may be missing something, but
it doesn't seem we want to entirely disable the test case. Rather, somehow
get the test to report that the library won't work on the platform because
of compliance issues.

That would seem to be true regardless of how we report errors (Dashboard,
HTML tables, whatever).

--Beman