From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-05 13:21:27

> I think that we should look into fixed_capacity_vector implementations
that
> don't behave this way; for one thing, it would make them more compatible
> with vector, and for another, it would make them more efficient.
>
> Unfortunately, if we want to define a class that has an array of
> appropriately-aligned uninitialized memory, we may run into trouble doing
> that portably.

I agree. The fixed-capacity vector should allocate raw memory, not T[N]. The
current implementation would be suitable for PODs only.

By the way, doesn't boost have a fixed_array submitted long ago by Josuttis?
I recall it was one of the first classes in boost.

Andrei

Check out THE C++ Seminar: 3 Days with 5 Experts
http://www.gotw.ca/cpp_seminar/