From: Alex Rosenberg (alexr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-07 00:30:34

on 2/6/02 2:30 PM, Darin Adler at darin_at_[hidden] wrote:

> So, since I posted my assert proposal on Monday:

> No one has commented on the relative merits of Peter's and my version of the
> header. The only responses were people urging use of <cassert> rather than
> <assert.h>.
>
> Does anyone have an opinion on this?

I would prefer that the host platform assert() macro be employed as the
underlying mechanism.

Some compilers provide NDEBUG definitions of assert() that offer
optimization hints to the compiler based on the original assertion. A
replacement definition defeats this.

| Alexander M. Rosenberg <mailto:alexr@_spies.com> |
| Nobody cares what I say. Remove the underscore to mail me. |