From: Paul Baxter (paul_baxter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-07 06:22:42

RE: BGL book feedbackI know very little about graph theory and network
topologies.

I have a mild interest in learning, and wondered if the BGL book would be a
good place to start.

I prefer seeing practical applications and solutions that convince me of the
worth of learning about graphs. I don't need the last word in theory or
rigorous proofs, just the applications and a clear understanding of the
pros/cons of various algorithms and how to implement them.

I have a lot of time for Jeremy et al's style and it is the main reason for
considering this book above any other 'graphing' book.

So..... how does the boo stack up with those requirement?

Paul Baxter