From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-07 20:00:30

Thanks!

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Bjorn Karlsson wrote:

bjorn.> I really like the BGL book!
bjorn.>
bjorn.> What strikes me the most is the accessibility - the introductions hit the
bjorn.> right key immediately, so there's really no need to keep reference material
bjorn.> at hand. The samples are equally good, and they're the right size to be
bjorn.> easily transformed into solutions to related problems. The book currently
bjorn.> rests on my bedside table, and only my favorites make it there...
bjorn.> The Boost Graph Library is powerful, and the BGL book is an excellent
bjorn.> companion for graph-related studies or real-world graph problem solving.
bjorn.>
bjorn.> Room for improvements:
bjorn.> * The index
bjorn.> * More proofreading :-)
bjorn.> * Even more samples (maybe not so elaborate in the text, could be on the CD)
bjorn.> * Some more graph theory
bjorn.>
bjorn.>
bjorn.> Finally: I like the book a lot, and even if you're not "a graph person",
bjorn.> chances are that you will be after reading the BGL book.
bjorn.> I highly recommend it!
bjorn.>
bjorn.>
bjorn.> Bjorn Karlsson
bjorn.>

 Jeremy Siek http://php.indiana.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Student, Indiana Univ. B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) office phone: (812) 855-3608